Back and better than before!
Welcome to my little corner of the internet. I suppose you're here
because, like me you have had enough, and you are ready to put in the
effort to transition your life. I'm also willing to bet that its not
your first time around the block. Mine either. But when we sit back
and think about what has worked for us in the past and what hasn't, I
bet we can come up with some pretty compelling reasons why this time
will be a success.
In 2006 I WAS successful at taking off 45 pounds (starting weight 240lbs) . Thanks to Extrapounds, and various other techniques. I worked out daily, blogged faithfully , and counted every single calorie without fail. But my "military" style boot camp got old really fast. Even after reaching one-derland (195lbs) my second child, and transition in the work world quickly knocked down my fortress of cards. 5 years later I have not gained it all back, (211 as of the start of the plan) thank God, but my goal seems even further away then before if that's even possible.
I find myself mourning the time that has passed knowing I could have already been at goal and maintaining a healthy weight for the passed 3 years. But at the same time I am resolute in my decision to begin again. So far I'm in Week 4 of WW new Points Plus Plan and happy to report 5 pounds down. I am creating new versions of my favorites and playing WW test kitchen every chance I get. Got any recipes you want me to put a spin on or try out? Post them for me here and I will give them a try and a review!
My new favorite dessert has been Coconut Rice Crispy Treats. They taste so decadent to me that I don't feel like I'm eating to lose poundage. I feel like I finally am getting the hang of indulging in a sensible way. Here is my recipe that was inspired by a short term obsession with coconut.
PlusPoints - 4
about 15 minutes to make (if your kitchen is organized )
1 Tbsp canned cream of coconut
(Coco Lopez is also available in light but I used the regular)
3 Tbsp regular butter, Melted in Pan
5 cup(s) Jet-Puffed Confections Miniature marshmallows, mix into melted fats
5 1/2 cup(s) crispy rice cereal
1/2 cup(s) sweetened coconut flakes, blended fine, reserve some for topping
1. In a blender or food processor, chop 1/4 cup of the coconut flakes more finely. Reserve the unchopped portion for topping the treats.
2. Spray a 9x 13 baking pan with nonstick spray.
2. Melt the butter and cream of coconut in a large pot or frying pan .
3. Slowly add the marshmallows with a silicone spatula .
4. Mix until the marshmallows have completely melted.
5. Add the rice cereal and the chopped coconut flakes slowly and mix until completely coated.
6. Press the mixture into the baking pan.
7. Quickly top the treats evenly with the remaining coconut and press gently for adhesion.
8. Cut into 16 bars when cooled and seperate into plastic sandwich or snack bags.
9. Do step 8 or else...Seriously its the only thing that stops me from eating all the bars.
10. SHARE - also helps you from not eating them in one sitting (Thank God for Weekly Points)