Workin' Hard and Hardly Workin' . . .
Somehow, through it all, I have manged to keep losing! I am down 17.8 lbs. in a month and a week - and I am doing it without the pills quite well! I think it has been helping that I am burning, 3200 to 3500 calories a day, compared to the average 1350 I am intaking a day (I am keeping an accurate food diary on another site, a site that also has an activity log that takes lifestyle and every single activity one can possibly do into consideration - down to showering!!!!)
Sure, I have had little "indiscretions" with food - my father's birthday brought a piece of cake and the showers and weddings I have been attending brought a lot more "regular food", but none of it to an extreme. This past Friday night was the worst indiscretion of all - so damned tired I didn't have the energy to cook so we ordered calzones from the local pizza establishment. Funny, because before a little over a month ago, I could have eaten the whole thing in one sitting and not even thought twice, but a little after 1/4 of the calzone, I was done. Damned 5 cheese calzone probably prevented the "18" mark!!!!!!!
Let's address the Good, the Bad and the Ugly . . .
* Went shopping yesterday morning for a few articles of clothing for vacation and I was literally brought to tears - I was able to put on a size 18 dress and get it zipped! Understand, I have not been able to put ON an 18, yet alone get it zipped, since 9th grade (I am going on 39!)!!!!!! It is strange because this weight loss, I seem to be losing it in different places than usual - my chins are gone (yea!!!!), but instead of my butt and boobs going first, my chest is leaving without a reduction in cup size and my hips are vanishing!!! I am not complaining, but it is making clothing size differentials drastic! I have gone from a 26/28 into a SOLID 22/24, with an 18/20 only approximately 5 lbs. away!!!
* I went from a 28 to a 22 in jeans.
* I got "elevator eyed" from an EXTREMELY attractive business man at work the other day and MAN DID IT FEEL GOOD!!!!!!!
* Walking to the shuttle after work on Friday, I rounded a street corner in Downtown Pittsburgh, looked down, and saw a $20 bill lying on the ground. I picked it up and after looking around to see if anyone was looking for it (Seriously, I am one of those people who do that - I have lost money before and it sucks!), looked at it and realized it wasn't a TWENTY, but TWO Twenties and a TEN folded. The "creepy" part of this is that financially, I have been struggling and my bank accounts severely strained because of the wedding. It was almost like it was a gift (from my maternal grandfather) who was famous for finding money all the time on the street!!!!
The BAD . . .
* That damned calzone is haunting me!!!!
* I put the wedding dress on yesterday afternoon and I will require much more extensive alterations than I had planned for (OK, so that is GOOD for me, BAD for the wallet!!!!!)
* I am physically exhausted from the LONG hours of work and travel I have been putting in . . .
* I just realized last evening that I STILL have not contacted the organist for the wedding and I MUST do so in the next day or two or I shall be sans music at the wedding!!!!!!
The UGLY . . .
* I am FIGHTING the urge to chop off all of my hair in favor of a stylish pixie . . . much to the chagrin of my fiancee' (I have mid-back length EXTREMELY thick hair)
* Any day that the weather has hit over 80 degrees, I have been a miserable cranky "Beotch" . . .